Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wednesday's Dinner

Today was a long day. Finally I get to blog then go to bed, that is if I'm able to. 20 hours and still feeling awake :) I have all this natural energy, which I love. Eating healthy and exercising daily gives you so much energy you never thought you had. You start feeling like the energizer bunny and nothing can stop you. It amazes me how much time there is in a day and how many hours you have in a week, there are 168 hours in a week, the excuse of not having time is a lame excuse. You can always find time, and I've realized that getting your work done earlier gives you more time in the end to do whatever you please. Television is a huge waste of time and it amazes me how people can spend hours sitting down watching t.v. Anyway I'm a little irritated with people criticizing Michelle Obama's plan on making school lunches healthier. High school kids are especially annoyed with this change and that's because they are already addicted to high calorie foods with no-low nutrition in them. All the chronic diseases we are facing today are all mostly due to malnutrition; Hyperlipidemia, Hypertension, Type II Diabetes... and the list goes on. If parents are going to be paying for their kids lunches, then don't you think they would want to be paying for a good quality lunch versus a unhealthy lunch such as nachos, fries, pretzels, and pizza??  I think it is a phenomenal idea and I'm so glad that something is being done about it, finally. Unfortunately we are living in an unhealthy society and if McDonalds is going to be cheaper than a home made salad than it will only become a bigger problem that the government can't mandate. However, healthier school lunches is a step in the right direction and kids are going to benefit from this in the long run and thank Michelle Obama later. Something done is better than nothing.  So it is up to ourselves, the individual, to decide for our selves what is right for us. Living a healthy lifestyle comes with many good rewards.


.. MIND OVER MATTER… IN THE END YOU WILL WIN AND LOOK AND FEEL THE WAY YOU WANT TO.. LOVE YOUR BODY, SOUL, AND MIND TO PROSPER INTO THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BE.


I made room for a 40 minute run after I had my spinach/avocado smoothie. Then I cooked some chicken with mushrooms, onions and broccoli. The meal was perfect after a run: high in protein with good carbohydrates and fat.




Lynee@LetsGetHealthyFit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment