Friday, October 12, 2012

I love frosted mini wheats, aka wheaties ;) you have to soak them in milk for just the right time for that slightly crunchy texture. If you eat them right away they are too crunchy and if you soak them too long they get too soggy.

Today is Friday but for some reason it still feels like a weekday. The last couple days have been beautiful in the mornings, especially this morning. It was a pleasant awakening to the smell of ran and the sight of Deja cuddling at my feet. The weather felt fresh and crisp. It almost felt cold until 10am. But okay enough about the weather... Although I must say it is really hard to have a bad day when the weather is great :)

So who is this Deja character? I've never been a cat person. Always a dog lover but on my way to work on Wednesday morning I heard a cat meowing. I looked up and saw a little black kitten meowing towards me. The poor little thing seemed lost and hungry. I grabbed the kitten and noticed it was a little female kitten about 4 weeks old. I took her inside and immediately fed her. I soaked up some dog food in water and left it on a plate for the kitten and a little bowl of milk. She warmed up to me quite quickly for being a stray. I didn't want to leave her but had to leave for work. All day I thought about the kitten and wondered what I should do with her. By the end of the day I already had named her. I took her to the vet Thursday morning. Decided to give her a full check up and test her for any sickness/disease she might be carrying. It turns out she's a perfectly healthy kitty. I went ahead and allowed the vet to give her the first vaccination.. $180 later I decided to keep her. Now I have fallen in love with this little black kitten. My dog is not taking it so well but she will learn to love her too. I believe she thinks the cat is a bunny. Although Deja, the kitten, acts like a monkey. She's a curious little thing.
Miss Déjà Vu and Sienna Bear what a treat :) Speaking of black cats, I think I know what I'll be for Halloween... Cat women. What a perfect "trick or treat" before Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment