Saturday, October 6, 2012

Resting/Cardio Day!

I'm obsessed with my dog, I love how she wakes me up in the mornings, so cute!! Before I took her out for a walk I had a banana, that's usually what I have as soon as I get up and after I brush my teeth. It's the only food that actually taste really good after brushing your teeth.. Try it! Sienna and I got back from her walk and I had a bowl of cereal (I like to mix shredded wheat and raisin bran nut cereal with a little bit of cinnamon).  
I hung out with my dog for a little bit, got ready for my cardio routine, then snaked on a good humor bar as I made my way to the gym :D
By the way, if you are craving icecream, a good snack to replace the craving would be a Good Humor Bar. 1st of all they are delicious!! 2nd, 1 bar has 150 calories, 3g of saturated fat, 12g of sugar, and 2 grams of protein. Not bad if you only have one and NOT have it right after a meal!  You always want to look at the saturated fat and trans fat content in things you eat. The total fat doesn't really matter as long as you are eliminating trans fat from your diet and limiting your saturated fat intake to a minimum. And 12g of sugar is the same as a bowl of cereal! (Juice contains more sugar)
If anyone actually did my past 2 workouts, you are going to need today to rest and allow your muscles to recover. I am really sore all over. So today's workout consisted of a 2 mile run followed by 20 minutes on the stair-master (best machine out there). Then I ended my cardio with 3 different abdomen workouts; planks (3 sets of 1 minute each),  50 bicycles, and 50 situps. Now I feel great. I made an egg omelet with mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers as my post-workout meal. The omelet was delicious!! 
Cardio Routine
2 mile run
20 min stair-master
3 Ab workouts
Now I have the rest of this beautiful Saturday to relax and catch up on some work for the upcoming week... and watch college football!

No comments:

Post a Comment