Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Protein Pancakes

I use the same recipe every time and I think I've perfected it :)

My recipe is a great meal for two or more depending on how big you make your pancakes. This recipe makes about 4 medium-large pancakes. You can cut the recipe in half to make a single serving with 45 grams of protein.

Recipe for more than 1:

-  2 scoops (24 grams of protein) of banana cream protein powder and 1 scoop (24 grams of protein) of chocolate peanut butter protein powder (you can use any flavor- my favorite is banana)
3 scoops total (already 72 grams of protein)

-  1/2 cup of egg whites (only egg whites) ~14 grams of protein

 -  1/2 cup of 100% pure pumpkin (you can find this at fry's)

*Mix and blend the protein powder, egg whites, and pumpkin very well in a large bowl (use an egg beater)

*Add 2 tablespoons of Chai Seeds and mix some more!

(you may add cinnamon if you'd like)

While you are doing the mixing, preheat the pan at medium heat.

Pour about 1/4 of the batter or less, depending on the size of your pancake, on the pan then cover for a minute (just like regular pancakes only flip once and flip when side looks bubbly and ready to flip).






Powdered Peanut Butter (found at Fry's or online): For the peanut butter mixture I just mix 4 tablespoons of peanut butter or your desired amount with almond milk. I add a little bit of almond milk at a time and mix very well until I get the consistency I like. Add cinnamon to this peanut butter mixture, taste great!


I layer my pancakes with peanut butter in-between them and sprinkle chai seeds and cinnamon on top. You may lightly drizzle sugar-free syrup over your pancakes (optional).




I enjoy eating my protein pancakes with a small cup of almond milk :) I love unsweetened almond milk. It has grown on me and now I add it to everything. It's great with my protein smoothies.

Chai Seeds are also a must to have in your kitchen. You can add chai seeds to anything (yogurt for example). Chai seeds are an EXCELLENT source of fiber.  A lot of health benefits when incorporating them into your diet.

Cinnamon, one of my favorite spices that adds excellent flavor to smoothies, protein pancakes, and greek yogurt. I use it everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment