Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bikini Competitor.... why not

My motivation this morning: NIKE "Just Do It!!"

Today was a good day and felt great all day. I think it had to do with the high intensity interval training (HIIT) I did this morning. So I haven't mentioned this to anyone but I think I've committed myself to compete in an NPC bikini competition. Now the only reason I've decided to do this is to put myself to the challenge.. The girls that compete are getting really lean, the leanest they have ever been. It is not easy to get down to 10-12% body fat, especially a girl. So having the knowledge I have in Nutrition I figured I could put myself to the challenge and see how lean I can get, doing it the all natural way. The way I see it is just like a runner training for a full 26.2 mile marathon. A full marathon is not great for the body but it is a great accomplishment and shows a lot of endurance, motivation, and persistence in that individual training for the marathon. Not everyone is capable of running the full marathon without stopping (about 3% of the population can do it, or maybe less...I'm not sure to be exact).

Furthermore, after that being said, I think I will compete in the upcoming NPC show here in the valley which is exactly 10 weeks from today. There is still a lot I am going to have to learn such as when I get closer to the competition. I will have to learn how to pose, buy a suit, and I'm sure other things.. This is my first time doing it and I will be learning a lot a long the way. I will be posting my journey daily. I put together a pre-contest meal plan for myself and will change the leaner I get. I'm having 6 meals a day, at least 20 grams of protein with every meal.

I'm going to be posting progress pictures and workouts. The meals will be the same; 6 meals a day with 20 grams of protein (lean meat), green veggies such as broccoli, asparagus, kale... and a complex carbohydrate such as brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal, sweet potato...

The diet is not all of it though.... you have the stage presentation, where you get the judges attention and their interest in liking you. The personality on stage will determine if you get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. Now I have never done this so I am not speaking from experience but from what I have read and heard. This is the part I am worried about.. me in front of a huge crowd in my bikini... NOT HAPPENING.... that's what I initially thought.. but If I don't commit to a show, it will be hard to commit to a bikini competitors diet and If I haven't done it then I'm can be pretty sure people won't go to me for the nutrition advice needed for the dieting of these shows. Unless I've been through it and have done it, I can't preach it (even though I think I am already pretty knowledgeable from what I have read and seen ;) who knows until I actually do it).

...why not... I love challenges!

I've never been comfortable wearing a swimsuit in front of people, like out by the pool. I've always been very active and have always loved all outdoor activities. This whole gym thing is new to me.. I didn't really start lifting till the beginning of 2012. Now that I am seeing some muscle definition I am definitely more comfortable in my own skin.. and I'm hoping to be as I continue my healthy living for the rest of my life. .. getting down to 10% body fat is not normal for a girl and not considered healthy however, 14-16% body fat is considered in the athletic category and that is where I want to be all year around. This journey to me is a lifestyle and the way I see it, it is an essential way of having a well balanced successful life. Living actively and healthy by having an optimum fitness level through exercise and diet is crucial for a high energy, optimistic, and successful life :)

The only different thing I am doing now (as of today) than I was doing before, is eating my meals at exactly the scheduled time and having at least 18 grams of protein in all 6 meals and not having more than 40 calories worth of fruit in a meal.

My workout this morning: (non-stop)




No comments:

Post a Comment