Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 of my 12 week no sugar diet.. We all have ABS we just need to eat clean to see them!!

 After a day of menudo and a night of pizza and pazookie I had to hit the stair master for 60 minutes. Longest time on the stairmaster for me. There was going to be no excuses but to not stop until 60 minutes had passed. I was on interval training, fat burning mode, level 13.

I feel like my abs are gone after a few days of eating bad. Time to get back on it and start eating clean!! ABS are made in the kitchen...

I've been slacking. It is really easy to get out of shape and go back to bad eating habits.. but it is extremely hard to get back into shape. It becomes easy once you do everything right and don't cheat but there are many temptations all around us. During the holidays I gave in to eating red chili my family made, tamales, menudo, and many pastries.  I didn't feel so good about it because it had seemed like all my hard work from eating clean the past few weeks/months had all gone to waste. Not to mention, I ended my last day of 2012 eating Grimaldi's Pizza and having a Pazookie from BJ's. I was having fun with my family and didn't put much thought into if. I figured if I had been doing so well, one night of bad eating wont affect me as much.. oh but it did.

It can be very hard to eat clean especially around friends and family. They are the ones that can truly criticize you and say I'm being too obsessive over what I eat... if only they knew and understood that eating healthy is not an obsession but a way of living healthy and maintaining overall a good health. Diabetes is common in my family and I want to avoid that if I can. All major chronic disease are due to our poor diets. Why not avoid that now and start living a healthy lifestyle today.. not tomorrow or the next week. In the long run you will feel 100% better about yourself and rarely ever visit the doctor. You will have overall more energy for life. I've also realized these past few days that eating out is NOT healthy. It doesn't matter if you go eat sushi or if you order salmon and broccoli at a steak restaurant you still aren't eating clean. Who knows what ingredients (butters/oils) they put in the foods to make them taste better, not to mention the high amounts of sodium added to all foods at restaurants. If you want to eat clean and maintain a healthy lifestyle it is better to stay in and prepare your own meals. Going out occasionally to socialize with friends is not a bad thing at all but that is why maintaining a healthy lifestyle all year around is very important so you can have these occasional special occasion nights in order to indulge with friends and family, however everything in moderation ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment