Friday, January 11, 2013

After day 1 of my "pre-contest" diet

Woke up a little late this morning, I think because I was up late doing some reading and research on the whole bikini and figure competitions. I learned so much that I didn't before. It is amazing to know exactly how your body works. I want to reach my goal and try to maintain after that. Just maintaining in itself is not easy.  So I read into carb cycling, which seems to be the most effective way of losing body fat and increasing lean body mass (lean body mass). I'm going to take this approach because I can't afford to lose any LBM, I'm already pretty lean compared to all the other competitors. So after doing my research on carb cycling and finding the most effective and healthiest approach I find that I'm going to have one day of no carbs and only protein with as many veggies I can have (and by veggies I only mean spinach, kale, broccoli, and asparagus). After a "no carb" day I will have a "Low Carb" day which 3 out of my 6 meals will have about 25 grams of carbs with my 20 grams of protein; my breakfast, my meal before the gym and my meal after the gym. Now for the 3rd day of this carb cycling diet will be a high carb day meaning 4 out of the 6 meals I will have carbs (about 30-50 grams) along with 20-40 calories worth of fruit.  That would be considered a cycle of carbs. No carbs, low carbs, high carbs then the cycle begins again.

Yesterday was my first day beginning this carb cycling "diet" (I really don't like that word) I have my 6 meals all just about 20-25 grams of protein. Weighed my self at the start and first thing next morning. Lost 1.6 lbs and started to see some abs (the outer and inner lines). It was an amazing feeling. Now everyone's body is different and I know my metabolism run a little faster than the average person. I wasn't getting myself too excited because I knew that today was the start of my "Low Carb/ High Protein" diet and that in two days I might go back to looking the same. That is why I am taking progress pictures every day and taking notes of how I feel and physically look. I'm hoping after about 3 weeks of doing this carb cycling "diet" I can lose body fat more effectively and semi permanently by maintaining.

My Breakfast this morning:
3 egg whites with spinach and a whole egg on top (there's about 5 grams of protein in 1 egg white)
1/3 cup of oatmeal with 1/4 cup of blueberries (10 bluberries to be exact).

No comments:

Post a Comment