Tuesday, January 22, 2013

No carb, high protein day

I think I over did it with protein. I had about 1.95 grams of protein per lb of body weight which ends up being 195 grams of protein for the day. Yikes! thats a lot of protein for me (poor kidneys). Oh well... i am trying to build but also too much protein can be converted to fat. Normally when you have over 2 grams per pound of body weight your body will convert the excess protein into triglycerides (fat); hopefully I calculated right and didn't go over 195 grams of protein. Tomorrow will be a low carb/high protein day for me. I'll be having about 150 grams of protein and 100 grams of carbs and 50 grams of fat (good fats). Working out my hamstrings tomorrow! Yeah can't wait 👍 😀

I worked out shoulders and biceps today and here are my meals I had throughout the day:

Meal 1- chicken, eggs, spinach, coconut oil (34 grams of protein)

Gym: biceps and triceps

Meal 2- Greek yogurt with 1 scoop of protein powder (40 grams of protein)

Meal 3- 3oz of chicken, 1 cup of asparagus, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt with powdered peanut butter
(30 grams of protein)

Gym: stairmaster
Meal 4- protein drink (30 grams of protein)

Meal 5- canned tuna salad and spinach 22 grams of protein

Meal 6- 3 eggs whites (1 whole) 2oz of chicken, 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 tsp of coconut oil (39 grams of protein)

No comments:

Post a Comment