Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The constant battle: eating clean to stay lean

I've realized that if you stay active and exercise daily you will maintain good health as long as you're eating the right foods, however if you want to see a dramatic change and want to decrease your body fat percentage you are going to have to avoid saturated and trans fat and avoid high empty calories or foods that are high in sugar and are nutrient deficient. I have been active and healthy for as long as I can remember. But if I want to see a change I'm going to have to do something different; you can't expect different results with the same procedures. I always wondered why my abs weren't coming in. I've had the answers all along but never really seemed to accept it until now. I've always known and heard abs are made in the kitchen, it's all about the diet.. and so on and that is absolutely true, but it takes more than that. It takes mind power :) "mind over matter" mentality. Compared to most people and having a bachelors in nutrition, I would say I eat pretty clean. However, that's not going to do it. My current goal is to increase in muscle mass and decrease in body fat and I've been set on these goals, however I shouldn't expect different results if I'm doing the same thing over and over because my body will just get accustomed to my routine. So here's the challenge, but first of all your body and everything else around fights to be in equilibrium at all times, although if we were in complete equilibrium we would all be dead. Our bodies do not like change and that's the biggest thing with any goal you have in life, whether it's a fitness goal, a career goal, or a relationship goal, change is the answer to success. Stepping out of your comfort zone, experiencing a little but of everything that the world, the gym, and the foods around us have to offer. So here we go, I'm going to outweigh what I really want out of life (fitness goals) and what makes me happy. Now if you are feeling guilty after doing or eating something and you continue to do it then something is wrong and you need to change it. I'm going to try to change my diet into a positive way, allow myself to take control over what I eat. Naturally your body starts choosing the healthier foods over time because your body functions much better eating clean and healthy. It takes 21 day to form a habit and I'm not saying it is going to by easy but I know for a fact it will definitely be worth it. I have to be aware that my body is going to fight against the changes. I'm going to try to blog every meal and exercises and let you know how I feel throughout the day. The greater challenge will be to maintain, I might need to change a few things a long the way because our metabolisms are constantly changing (and like I said earlier, our bodies do not like change and will do everything to go back to its comfort state) due to the stress from the environment and the foods America is constantly shoving into our faces.

P.s these are my new shoes :) I absolutely love them!! I have another pair in teal! I figured I should start off with a new pair of shoes to "change" things up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment